This is a great recipe for the entire family! If you are on the program everything is 100% compliant except the tortilla the rest of the family can eat. I know you know…I just have to make sure:) This is delish!
Number of Servings: 3 Per serving: 1 Lean, 2 Green, 3 Condiments
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients:• 1 ¼ pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips • 1/4 teaspoon salt • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper • 10 sprays pan spray • 3 slices thinly sliced onion • ½ cup jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped • 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth • 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato • 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
This is an incredibly easy recipe that has been modified from Cooking Light to fit our Lean & Green meal. When you need to make something that taste good, quick, this is it!
Servings: 4 Preparation Time 10 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes
Per Serving: 1 Leanest 1 Green 1 Healthy Fat
• 2 pounds sea scallops • 1/4 teaspoon salt • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper • 5 sprays Cooking spray • 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar • 2 teaspoons olive oil • 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic • 2 cups grape tomatoes • 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons commercial pesto• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• 1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. 3. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm. • 4.Reduce heat to medium. Add rind and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; bring to a simmer. Add tomatoes; cook 45 seconds, tossing to coat. • 5. Spoon 2 teaspoons pesto on each of 4 plates. Arrange one-quarter of scallops and about 1/2 cup tomato mixture on each plate. Sprinkle with basil.
Notes: For a golden-brown crust on the scallops, don’t disturb them while they cook except to turn them over.
Cooler weather is just around the corner and I thought it might be a good time to post a super good crock pot Lean & Green recipe.
2 lbs. chicken breasts, uncooked – yields 24 oz. cooked (4 lean), 1/2 cup or (4 oz.) Salsa Verde (8 condiments), 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter (1 snack), 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (1 condiment), 1/2 tsp. ground or fresh ginger (1 condiment), 6 cups cauliflower cooked and mashed or grated
Place all ingredients in the crock pot, except cauliflower. Stir to roughly mix the ingredients and make sure that the chicken is completely coated with the marinade. Cook on low for 6 hours, no stirring.
To serve, divide chicken into 4 equal portions of 6 oz. each over 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower per serving. Stir sauce in crock pot and then spoon the sauce evenly over each portion. Note: We shredded the chicken. Scatter just a at little freshly torn mint or cilantro on the top.
If you like those chocolate-covered coffee beans, you will like this recipe! Great way to enhance your Medifast Chocolate Pudding.
1 Medifast Chocolate Pudding
½ cup cold coffee
3 ice cubes
½ teaspoon coffee grounds
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate syrup
Blend all ingredients together in your blender or Magic Bullet. The longer you blend, the creamier it becomes. I like adding 1/2 cup more water and turn it into a divalious shake.
Listen to music you love when you have the urge to binge. Music activates the same “feel good” centers in the brain that eating your favorite foods does. Add some movement to your music and you’ll burn calories too.
Per Serving 1 lean 3 green 3 condiments
Ingredients: 25 oz. ground turkey meat 95 to 97% Lean, 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic powder, ¾ teaspoon salt, 1 Spaghetti Squash, 2 ½ cups diced tomato, ¼ cup water, ¼ cup roasted vegetables (see recipe for roasted vegetables under Lean & Green vegetable tab) 1 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
Directions: Cut Spaghetti Squash in half length wise. Place cut side down in microwave safe pan. Add a little water and steam for about 20 minutes. Use a fork and scrape the “noodles” out. Each person get ¾ a cup. Brown turkey meat – until you see no pink – in pan with 1 tsp. olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and garlic powder. Put diced tomato in a sauce pan with ¼ cup water and simmer until soft. Each person gets ½ cup. Mix ½ cup tomatoes with your 5 oz of Ground Turkey Meat Plating: ¾ cup of Spaghetti Squash, 5 oz Ground Turkey meat, ½ cup of Tomato Sauce and ¼ cup roasted vegetables.
This recipe is so good that you will use it for the rest of your life. It is such a tasty, healthy alternative to high glycemic pasta!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Lean – 1 Leaner Green – 2 1/3 Condiment – 1 2/3 Healthy Fat – 1/3
· 3 ½ c raw cauliflower · ¼ c green onions · ½ tsp garlic powder · ½ tsp ginger · 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce · 3 eggs, beaten · 1 tsp olive oil 2 – 6oz cooked chicken breast
1. Grate raw cauliflower in food processor or with a box grater 2. In a wok or large flat skillet, heat oil 3. Fry garlic powder with finely diced green onion for approximately 1 minute 4. Add grated cauliflower and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly 5. Add soy, ginger, diced green onion, and pre-cooked cubed chicken breast 6. Stir to mix well and brown a bit 7. Push mixture to side of pan. Scramble eggs in empty side of pan until done, but still moist 8. Stir eggs into “rice” mix and remove from heat
You can use a blend of two kinds of ground meats for the patties. The turkey breast is going to be the best for lower fat content and the ground round will add more moisture. Serve with roasted vegetables for a great Lean and Green meal.
Ingredients ¾ pound ground turkey breast, ¾ pound ground round, 1 packet Medifast multigrain crackers, 2 large egg whites, 5 sprays Cooking spray, 3/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1 1/2 cups beef broth
Directions Combine first 4 ingredients. Divide meat mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning after 3 minutes. Remove and set aside patties from pan; cover to keep warm. Stir in water and remaining ingredients. Add patties and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 5 – 7 minutes.